Resources & Tax Tools

Taxes can get complicated fast. To complement our professional services, we provide this collection of curated tools to help individuals and small businesses in the Brockton area simplify tax preparation, estimation, planning, and education.

Rather than getting overwhelmed sorting through dense tax information elsewhere online, leverage the pre-vetted tools and learning materials we’ve compiled specifically to help our Brockton regional neighbors make tax time easier. Reach out to our team if you need any personalized assistance or have questions regarding utilizing these resources.


Federal Tax Forms and Info

Filing your federal taxes can be daunting, but our team at Lincoln Tax Service is here to make the process as smooth as possible. We provide easy access to essential federal tax forms, instructions, and IRS publications. Additionally, we offer expert guidance on a wide range of federal tax topics, including income tax, deductions, credits, and estimated tax payments. Let us help you navigate the complexities of federal tax law and maximize your tax savings.


Massachusettes Tax Links and Forms

At Lincoln Tax Service, we understand the complexities of Massachusetts tax laws. That’s why we’ve compiled this comprehensive resource center to help you navigate the Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR) website and access essential tax forms. Here, you’ll find direct links to frequently used forms, instructions, and online filing options. Whether you’re an individual taxpayer, a business owner, or an employer, we’ve got you covered.

Frequently Asked Questions

General Tax Related Questions


To claim your child as your dependent, your child must meet either the qualifying child test or the qualifying relative test:

  • To meet the qualifying child test, your child must be younger than you or your spouse if filing jointly and either younger than 19 years old or be a “student” younger than 24 years old as of the end of the calendar year.
  • There’s no age limit if your child is “permanently and totally disabled” or meets the qualifying relative test.

In addition to meeting the qualifying child or qualifying relative test, you can claim that person as a dependent only if these three tests are met:

  1. Dependent taxpayer test
  2. Citizen or resident test, and
  3. Joint return test


You must file a tax return if your annual income exceeds the threshold set by the IRS.

For 2022, individuals making more then $12,950 and married couples making more then $25,900 are required to file tax returns.


If you lost your refund check, you should initiate a refund trace:

Your claim for a missing refund is processed one of two ways:

  • If the check wasn’t cashed, you’ll receive a replacement check once the original check is canceled.
  • If the refund check was cashed, the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS) will provide you with a claim package that includes a copy of the cashed check. Follow the instructions for completing the claim package. BFS will review your claim and the signature on the canceled check before determining whether they can issue you a replacement check. The BFS review can take up to six weeks to complete.


The short answer is, maybe. Whether social security is taxable (and the amount that is taxed) varies based of an individual’s or married couples total income. · up to 50 percent of your benefits if your income is $25,000 to $34,000 for an individual or $32,000 to $44,000 for a married couple filing jointly. · up to 85 percent of your benefits if your income is more than $34,000 (individual) or $44,000 (couple).Toggle Content

Lincoln Tax Service Questions

No you do not need to make a sit down appointment to have your taxes prepared. You also have the option to drop off your information to have your taxes prepared. Please email or call the office for more info. New clients can fill out the New Client Information and bring this with them when they drop off. That form can be downloaded and printed out here:

Your tax returns will be filed when you sign the e-file authorization forms (Federal and most states require this form signed) and when payment is received in full for the preparation of the tax return.

We currently do not offer this option. We accept cash, check and credit/debit cards. Payment is due at time of completion of tax return.

This answer varies by each client’s tax situation. Generally, our returns start at $125 for a single filer with less than 3 W-2s.

Will I receive a copy of the completed return?

Clients will receive a paper copy of the return. Additional copies will be provided for a small fee.

Tax Preparation Checklist

Personal Information

Gather the following personal information for yourself, spouse, and dependents:

  • Last Year’s Income Tax Return: If you are a new client, please provide a copy of your last year’s income tax return. This will help us understand your previous tax situation and ensure a smooth transition.

  • Full Names: Provide the full legal names of yourself, your spouse, and any dependents.

  • Addresses: Provide your current mailing addresses and residential addresses for yourself, your spouse, and any dependents.

  • Social Security Numbers (SSNs): Provide the SSNs for yourself, your spouse, and any dependents.

  • Dates of Birth: Provide the dates of birth for yourself, your spouse, and any dependents.

  • Dependent Provider Information: If you have dependents who are claimed by another taxpayer, please provide their names, addresses, tax identification numbers (TINs), and SSNs.

  • Banking Information: If you would like to receive your tax refund via direct deposit, please provide your bank account number and routing number.

Income Data Required

Collect the following income documents for the tax year:

  • W-2 Forms: These forms report your wages and salaries earned from employment.

  • 1099 Forms: These forms report various types of income, such as interest, dividends, unemployment benefits, freelance earnings, and retirement income.

  • State/Local Income Tax Refunds: If you received a refund from state or local income taxes, you will need to report it on your federal tax return.

  • Social Assistance Income: If you received social assistance benefits, such as Social Security, SSI, or food stamps, you may need to report them on your tax return.

  • Pension/Annuity/Stock or Bond Sales Income: Gather statements or records for any pension, annuity, or stock or bond sales you received during the tax year.

  • Contract/Partnership/Trust/Estate Income: If you received income from a contract, partnership, trust, or estate, gather any relevant documents or statements.

  • Gambling/Lottery Winnings and Losses/Prizes/Bonus: Report any gambling winnings, lottery winnings, prizes, or bonuses you received during the tax year.

  • Alimony Income: If you received alimony payments, you will need to report them on your tax return.

  • Rental Income: If you own rental property, gather records of all rental income and expenses for the tax year.

  • Self-Employment Income: If you are self-employed, gather all documents related to your business income and expenses, including 1099-NEC forms, Schedule C, and profit and loss statements.

  • Foreign Income: If you have any foreign income, gather any relevant documents or statements.

Additional Considerations

  • Deductions and Credits: Gather documentation for any deductions or credits you may be eligible for, such as charitable donations, mortgage interest, student loan interest, education expenses, child care expenses, and healthcare expenses.

  • Receipts and Records: Keep all receipts and records related to your income, deductions, and credits organized and easily accessible.

  • Review and Confirmation: Once you have gathered all of the required information, carefully review your tax return for accuracy and completeness. If you have any questions or concerns, consult with a tax professional.

Useful Tax Calculators

Scroll to Top